Thursday, March 22, 2012

Room of the Week - Creamsicle Delight

With the change of the seasons, comes the feeling to shake things up a bit, and to me that means moving the furniture around!  My mother will chuckle when she reads this, as I come by this (somewhat) impulsive behavior honestly.  An Army brat (moving more times than I have fingers by the time I graduated from high school), and the daughter of an uber creative mother...one who taught me to embrace change with every new place and every new home.  So, what is the best way to change things up in your interiors you ask?


Paint, paint and a little more paint!  With that in mind, this "looks-good-enough-to-eat" living room is the perfect example of making a statement with color, and a simple coat (or two) of paint.  Of course, having the guts to paint everything in high gloss coral is a risk, but in this case (I think) it definitely paid off.  In addition to this delicious color, I am always a fan of a one cushion sofa, the lines of those mid century chairs (so good), one perfect pendant light, simple shades, and well stylized accessories.  Are you brave enough to take a risk like this with color?  I feel a weekend project brewing...what colors on on your project list?

No comments:

Post a Comment