Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mixology - Pattern & Print

For those that know me best, they know I love color, texture, art, and all things design. I love mixing different patterns and prints, and one of my strengths has always been putting unexpected combinations together in both interiors and events. I go crazy for textiles too, and there isn't a fabric store I can walk by without peeking in.  I find myself pushing my clients to take risks with texture and pattern, and the end result is often such a thrill.  I also mix patterns in my daily wardrobe and in my home (you should see the collection of ikat pillows on my neutral sectional!).



This week, I have a rather large art project in the works.  Yes, one that requires a large, sharp pair of scissors, an intricate grid system, and a few yards of gorgeous fabric from our friends at Versace and Chanel (found here).  I am using this delicious color palette for our custom piece(s), and can't wait to share the finished product with you next week!

Want to see a few other patterns and prints currently inspiring my designs...peek here!


Images here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment