Monday, March 26, 2012

Interior Inspiration - D is for...

 

...D.R.A.M.A!
Sometimes a bit of drama can be a good thing, especially when it comes to interior decor.  Here at the studio, we can't seem to get enough rooms that make a statement with color, wallpaper (you should see the peacock print we are using in one of our master bedroom projects, wow!), or a striking art collection.  Tall ceilings and windows framed in long drapes, large scale furnishings, and mirrors that open things up, all help make these rooms ones that have us swooning.  I asked my interns to find a few of their favorite dramatic spaces and this is what they uncovered...

So, do you share our flair for the dramatics, or do you prefer cleaner spaces?  I love color, and I love the absence of color.  My living room is layered with pattern and texture and walls filled with art, yet my bedroom is a much softer, cleaner palette.  All white walls and furniture, with gold accents and one statement piece.  Either way, a little drama goes a long way.  Tell me, how do you incorporate the dramatic into your living spaces?  We want to know...


*Image Sources 1 and 2; Lonny Mag Image 3; Elle Decor 4; Kelly Wearstler 5; Fieldstone Hill Design 5; Celerie Kemble 6




No comments:

Post a Comment