Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Kiss

This image, taken by former LIFE Magazine photographer Alfred Eisenstaedt in 1945, is said to be one of the most famous photographs in the world. The picture portrays a young U.S. Navy sailor and World War II nurse in the midst of a spontaneous kiss, which most signify as “the end of the war.” Many people have come forward to claim themselves as the sailor or nurse, but no one knows who these two people are for sure.  It is this kiss that INSPIRED...


...this gorgeous photograph taken just a few weeks ago of my (former) design assistant, Ashley Santana (now) Reid.  I had the pleasure of helping her with a few of the wedding details, and she was a gorgeous bride (peek at us together here).  Even more than that, she was beaming with pure joy on that Saturday the 17th day of March 2012.   I cried through (almost) the entire ceremony...tears of happiness as one of my very favorite young ladies married her sailor and her sweetheart.  

My very best to them both as they now chase their dreams...together.  xSB

Image 3 by "Crystal"

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I LOVE THIS. I had to pin it on Pinterest. Such a fabulous kiss picture! :)

    ReplyDelete