Friday, March 2, 2012

The Friday 5


The week feels like such a blur...as I was back and forth to LA before I could even say "go."  The conference was such a welcome opportunity to meet fellow interior designers, bloggers, and some of my favorite trade professionals in the biz.  I was also able to do a little shopping (here and here), and I even took home a treat from here.  Speaking of sweets, these cake stands were absolutely amazing and they also came in delicious pastel shades of cotton candy pink, mint chocolate chip green and a gorgeous pale ocean blue.  I kept imagining them on a pretty wedding tablescape piled high with decadent desserts. 


A trip to Melrose Ave highlighted this gorgeous hand painted wall here...


...and the windows, walls, interior, lighting and newest collection at the Kelly Wearstler Flagship  
was nothing short of WOW.


Meeting fashion designer Heidi Merrick and her team was also such a welcome surprise.  She is so down to earth, and I wanted to take home her entire Spring 2012 Collection--blouses, dresses, blazers and all.  
(More from my trip to her design studio here).


And last but not least, these flaming heels at Balenciaga.  They were quite literally on fire!

While this week was again a testament that inspiration is indeed ubiquitous, I am fondly looking forward to the weekend ahead for a little rest and relaxation, catching up on my reading, and perhaps a visit here (one of my newfound favorite places in town).

* Photography by Stephanie Bradshaw, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment