Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baltimore BRIDE Spring/Summer 2012 - Concept to Reality


Last week I posted this with a peek inside the Spring/Summer 2012 issue of Baltimore Bride.  I am often asked, "How do you come up with a concept for an event or an interior?" or "Where do you find inspiration?" For that reason, I thought I would post the storyboard my team and I created to share with our vendor partners prior to the shoot.  This was the jumping off point for our discussions regarding the tablescape color palette as well as the overall look I was trying to create...a clean, modern gallery feel with layers of detail and florals that would stop you in your tracks. 


So much time and energy goes into a project like this. There are countless creative meetings and oodles of tiny details prepping for our onsite partnership with magazine editors and photographers alike. For this particular shoot, I got the crazy idea to hand paint a large piece of art (my first original piece by the way painted on drywall).  Inspired by Wearstler's wallpaper, I knew the marble backdrop at Baltimore's Tremont Plaza Hotel was going to need a pop of color to create the WOW factor I was looking for.  That being said, I headed to the hardware store for supplies and used Valspar's "Peach Kiss" (2002-2C) for the base color to give a little contrast to our crisp white linen.  I then went to town with large brush strokes of intense color with Valspar's "Autumn Gala" (2004-1A) to create movement.  One of my interns assisted (in the back parking lot of my design studio) with the final touches of gold glitter. The pavement still sparkles in the sunlight and always makes me smile...

* Image by Stacy Zarin
Many thanks again to each of our talented vendor partners including: 

No comments:

Post a Comment