Friday, May 18, 2012

The Friday 5

I feel like spring keeps flying by and before we know it school will be out, the pools will be open, and I will have gotten good wear of out of my summer sandals (currently craving these).  The weeks ahead are filled with so many exciting new projects, and (I have to confess) I hope to squeeze in a few weekend's away in between weddings.  Speaking of which, I was able to do just that last weekend with a trip to see one of my favorite artists in concert, Florence and The Machine.  She was wearing this Alex Noble cape. One word. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. 


Once back in the studio, this project was at the top of my TO DO list, and I am obsessed with this python wallpaper (on right).  It will be installed in our client's master bedroom on an accent wall, behind their gorgeous, tufted, leather bed (ordered just last week).  A braided natural fiber rug and a few upholstered pieces will make a perfect intimate seating area in the room. (I still can't get over how good the wallpaper is, and I just love the fact that they are really going for it. So.good.)


Yesterday morning we were busy with a wardrobe consultation for one of our favorite returning clients.  Our design challenge was to find a "black tie appropriate (long) gown for a family wedding in Mexico."  She ended up selecting our (personal) favorite, and this jersey gown in mango was indeed the winner.  We accessorized with a super skinny (glittery) belt, and it fits her body to.a.tee!  


I was literally over-the-moon when my first peony of the season bloomed this week. (I think I may have actually jumped up and down a bit upon first seeing it.)  I couldn't help but bring it inside this morning. It's the little things, right?


Later today I will be heading here for a fun evening of "research" in preparation for the June 2, 2012 Harbor East FashionEASTa Fashion Show we are styling in just a few weeks.  Tomorrow I hope to start and finish my days here, on the porch, catching up on my reading.  I also have plenty of planting to do.  The pansies are coming out, and a few more colorful blooms will make their way in.

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to watch the BIG RACE!
xSB



No comments:

Post a Comment