Saturday, May 5, 2012

Derby Day

The only thing more exciting on a day like today (for us designer folk) is (of course) the show of gorgeous hats at the big race later this afternoon at Churchill Downs.  Those that know me well know I am a huge horse lover and watching this race is so.much.fun!  A few years ago, I had the pleasure of attending The Derby (with a press pass!) and stood within an arms length of each of the horses and their mounts as they took to the track.  It was a day I will never forget, and after meeting all the horses again this year (here) it is certainly a tough call on whom to place my bet.  May the best horse (and rider) win, and safe travels to Charm City for the next leg of the race.  The world will be watching...

Where's YOUR money riding?  The race starts at 6:24 PM EDT.  I know I'll be posting a little early to catch a glimpse of the fashion!
xSB



source 1 & 2

No comments:

Post a Comment