Thursday, December 22, 2011

Feathered Fun in NYC!

On Monday of this week I treated my design team (minus one intern-we missed you Kelsey) to a quick trip to New York City for a day of inspiration, an amazing Italian lunch (here) and of course a little holiday shopping.  If you read my 2011 Holiday Gift Guide you may have noticed I had one of these beauties (#7) on my list and am still dying for an off white one to go in the dining room of my apartment. Upon my arrival in the city, I received a surprise phone call telling me that my new friend, Kim from Authentic Africa, would be in the area "in 20 minutes" and was willing to give me a peek at her current inventory.  I couldn't have been more delighted and literally ended up meeting her in Manhattan within minutes of the call.  She rolled up in her white van, pretty plumes in hand, and I couldn't resist this colorful photo op to boot!


What is a juju hat you ask?  Here's a little HISTORY of the "Cameroon Juju Hat" for those of you that are not familiar with this designer's delight.  



Unfortunately, I didn't take one home this week (although the quality of these brightly colored pieces was incredible in person) and at this point I doubt one is going to find its way under my tree this Christmas. I have, however, asked "Santa" to place my name on the wait list for an off white one come early 2012!  

Fingers crossed,
stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment