Monday, November 7, 2011

Pile It On

With cooler temperatures now upon us, I have to admit I am pretty excited about cozy sweaters and the return of boot season.  Transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall is often a challenge, but if you think in terms of layers, you'll be on the right track.


Layering allows you to combine pieces you love from several seasons without compromising on style. Consider pairing breathable knit fabrics and oversized pieces with more fitted ones.  Combine chunky sweaters with silk blouses and leggings or skinny jeans to accentuate your body shape without appearing bulky. (Lately, I have been crazy over cashmere wearing sweaters like this). 


And, rather than packing away those tees, tanks, and summer dresses, try incorporating them into the season. Pairing a dress with a blazer (all over the runway this fall) or a textured sweater vest is a great way to stretch your summer pieces into the cooler months ahead. Add a scarf, tights, and booties or your favorite riding boots (love these) and don't be afraid to try a bright accessory or splash of color to add visual interest. Layer on sparkly bangles for an eclectic look. I wear these everyday!


I am also a big fan of statement jewelry (can't wait to get my hands on this) and love printed scarves.  This one is already on my holiday wish list.  What's on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment