Thursday, October 20, 2011

An Illustrated Life


Girls About Town (from left to right): Lisa (my best Chica), Stephanie, and Inslee


For the past few years I have been buying my best girlfriends (and myself of course) a fashion calendar by one of my very favorite illustrators, Inslee by Design. Her calendar sits on my desk here at the office and on the first of each month I am always excited to see the details in the new month's drawing.  I met Inslee in 2008 when her notecards were featured in People StyleWatch Magazine. She was a student at Washington & Lee at the time and when I approached her about illustrating a logo for my design business she gladly accepted.  The image she created has been our company brand since that time and I have had the pleasure of working with her on several projects over the years.

In January of this year I was beyond excited (and a little overwhelmed) to open a design studio for Bradshaw Styling in Baltimore.  I asked my friend and talented photographer, Jennifer McMenamin, to take a picture of me in the new space.  I wanted to turn that portrait into an illustration that I could then use on personalized "from the desk of" notecards and this is what Inslee created...I couldn't have been more thrilled!

To see more of Inslee's work visit her online and don't forget to add her 2012 calendar to your holiday wish list.  It is already on ours!

xo, stephanie



1 comment: